Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day.

(When I use a period instead of an exclamation point, I mean it ironically.) Raise your hand if you're surprised that I'm in a bit of a mood.

Didn't think so.

I suppose I can't really complain. I had an auspicious start to my day. I awoke early so that I could check my e-mail and determine whether or not I had a delayed work opening. Lucky for me, our offices weren't opening until 11am. PERFECTION. I hopped back into my snuggly bed. Right as I was waking up the second time, my phone rang with a number I didn't recognize. Normally, I screen calls like that (often it's a advertisement recording in Spanish) but, this time, I felt strangely compelled to answer. I'm so glad I did! It was John and Chris calling from Bangkok (sorry, John, you didn't fool me)! They apparently spent V-Day getting a bit hammered and decided to say hi. What a splendid way to start my day!

Then I went to work. Work was fine. Actually, I guess it was better than fine. I was pretty productive and the GC decided to buy everyone lunch! It was right before I left work that I received an e-mail from Ofoto (or whatever the hell Kodak is calling itself these days) with a coupon. The combo of chatting with the Bangkok boys and the promise of 30% off led me to attempt to create a photo book from the bar trip. So I came home, fired up Miss Kitty Mactastico and went to work. That was 3 hours ago. I was so wrapped up in my photo placement and caption that I completely lost track of time. Not only did I miss the live World Series of Pop Culture quiz at 7 AND 10, I didn't call Aly like I promised or even eat dinner.

So now I'm in my impossibly drafty apartment, eating cereal and feeling just a wee bit sorry for myself. I wish I were traveling. Or making out with someone. Or both. Bah.

I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's Day. I'm going to go watch Lost and Top Design (which, by the way, is NOWHERE near as good as Top Chef was before its terrible finale).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terenzoner,

Do you know that you look exactly like an American Idol contestant?

The TerenZoner said...

Once in a while, I agree with people who say someone else looks like me. It's surprising and fun. Most of the time, though, I straddle the line between terribly hurt and offended to the point of rage.

So tell me, Trolley, which is it this time?

Anonymous said...

Rudy Cardenas

This is the best link I could find. Yesterday he wore a blazer and a t-shirt and danced like you when he made it to the round of 24

http://www.rudycardenasfans.com/e107_plugins/newsfeed/newsfeed.php?show.1

The TerenZoner said...

I'm actually not horrified, but I disagree that he looks like me. I'll try to tune in next time and see if he really dances like me. I doubt it.

Anonymous said...

you crump way better