Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Old funny.

Pooja just sent me this quote from a NY State Senator on the iPod "crisis" in NY:

"This electronic gadgetry is reaching the point where it's becoming not only endemic but it's creating an atmosphere where we have a major public safety crisis at hand."
It immediately made me think of when Senator Ted Stevens called the internet a “series of tubes” approximately six months ago. He was, at the time, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation. Does it bother anyone else that someone in that position made the following statement?
“I just the other day got…an Internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday, I got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the Internet commercially.”
I know this news is now ancient history, but when Pooja’s comment led me to Senator Stevens, it brought up an old memory of a techno remix of his speech. Finding it made me smile so I thought I’d share:



And this concludes my essay on why all people over the age of 80 should be put on a island where the rich can pay to hunt them. And it should be televised. (Fine. You may think I'm wrong, but at least agree that people of a certain age should not be entrusted to regulate technology they don't understand.)

No comments: