Sunday, July 15, 2007

Rescue Engine?

This is a Colonial Jumbo first! I am blogging from inside my Amtrak train using my brand spanking new BlackBerry. (Her name is Bebe.)

I decided to blog because I have some unexpected extra time to kill. My train pulled into Penn Station Newark right on time at 5:20pm. I thought it was a bit dark as I searched for a seat, but I didn't think anything of it when I managed to find on on double seat just for me. Then an announcement came on: "You might have noticed that all the lights are out....". Our engine wasn't working and they were attempting to fix it by rerouting power. No dice. Now we're waiting for the "rescue engine," which we we were just informed has only now -- at 6:15pm -- left NY Penn Station.

Effing super.

Oh, FYI, the air isn't working.

No comments: