Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm inappropriate.

Apparently. If I had a nickel for everyone that expressed some level of concern over my last post . . . well, I'd have quite a few nickels. In the end, even after a few edits, I decided to just take it down. Why worry the people who love me any more than necessary?

If you missed it, the post was about a "teachable moment" that led to a little speech about censoring our internet presence to my new class. (For what it's worth, I named no names, posted no pictures, and even self-censored some of the initial judgment that made its way into the post.) I like to think that the final version was something that I would've shown my kids (perhaps not on the first day). But oh well.

It is interesting to me that a post about being mindful of one's internet presence led to so many being concerned about mine. Sort of meta, really. In any event, don't assume that I've been silenced permanently. I'll get something inappropriate up soon. Maybe my subject will be restroom sex. Or I'll share the vagina dream that I tell most people the first time I meet them. Or perhaps I'll just finally write that treatise on my idea to ship old people out to a deserted island where the rich can hunt them for sport (but you make it good TV by arming the old people with rudimentary weapons). Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get it -- why would you need to remove that post?! I was actually using that post and sharing it with others who might need a helpful prod to keep their internet presence 'clean' (myself included). I thought it was very thoughtful and I think you should post it back.

Just my 2 cents.

The TerenZoner said...

Sadly, it's gone forever. Like a limited edition t-shirt. Or a live performance. Or my love life.