Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Je pense, donc je blog.

So, when I'm not thinking a whole lot, I don't tend to blog. And when I don't blog people get upset and tell me not to "advertise" on my Gtalk until I've updated it.

I've been trying to come up with something remotely interesting all day. I've taken suggestions, read a variety of news stories, and watched the latest episode of Heroes (still great and getting better), but nothing has inspired me. I thought about posting something I've already written -- like an old short story or even my law school personal statement -- but that seems like a cop out. Then again, back when I had my arts column in the Tufts Daily, the week I was too busy to write and ran my Survivor application was the week I received my best, most excited feedback. But I decided against it. Maybe in the future, but not yet. I rather save things like that for when I'm actually busy, as opposed to just blocked.

But the writer's block got me thinking a bit about the blogging. I know that people are reading and, apparently, enjoying it. Then again, I'm brilliant and quite funny, so why wouldn't they? My question, I suppose, is what do people want to read about? Does my public -- now reading from 17 states (including the District) and 7 foreign countries -- want more public affairs or more "A Public Affair." Or neither? Do they want to read about the strange, unrelenting hunger (literal, not figurative) that I've been experiencing lately or the fact that I can't stop watching the "Trapped in the Closet" episode of South Park? I worry that writing only about myself might make me come off as a bit self-involved. And, me? Self-involved? NEVER.

Gosh, I'm hungry.

I should eat something. Last night, we went to Fogo de Chao for Josh's birthday and I think I irreparably expanded my stomach. The restaurant is set up as a sort of all-you-can-eat (without the tackiness usually involved) with "gauchos" (or unemployed wannabe Hill staffers) who bring skewers with huge cuts of meat, which they slice right into your plate. Each diner is outfitted with a coaster, green on one side and red on the other, which signals whether the gauchos should approach. It was a bit out of hand. And today I've only eaten a grilled cheese and a Starbucks muffin. (And I didn't even enjoy the muffin because it was too sweet. I've always been more savory than sweet.)

So, yeah, I'm hungry. Like, really hungry.

[Are you happy now? See what happens when you pressure me to blog when I'm not ready?]

No comments: