Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Salty goodness.

Although I'm busy in Jersey fighting the good fight, my friend Jeff caught an interesting article in Rolling Stone. A snippet to whet your appetite:
These past six years were more than just the most shameful, corrupt and incompetent period in the history of the American legislative branch. These were the years when the U.S. parliament became a historical punch line, a political obscenity on par with the court of Nero or Caligula -- a stable of thieves and perverts who committed crimes rolling out of bed in the morning and did their very best to turn the mighty American empire into a debt-laden, despotic backwater, a Burkina Faso with cable.
Burkina Faso with cable? Sounds about right.

DEFINITELY check out their list of the 10 worst Congressmen, too. Very informative (if a bit depressing). I did enjoy Rep. Barney Franks's (D-MA) snarky comments on Rep. Marilyn Musgrave (R-CO).

Honestly, if you've got some extra cash sitting around, consider making a campaign contribution to Angie Paccione. She's running an extremely close race against Musgrave and could use a bit of a push to victory. Musgrave is an evil woman whose ideals would make even Rick Santorum blink. Throwing her out on her ass would be excellent. I'll buy a drink for anyone who sends Angie some money and shows me the confirmation e-mail.

Go forth and save America, my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you, your Cambodia comment. I am about to go. I have spent, literally, not joking, the past four days on the phone trying to resolve a Medicare Lien. I want to pay them. I need to know how much I have to pay them and they refuse to tell me. They listed the doctors as alphanumerics and I cannot tell who they are. My client just wants to pay the government money and they will not allow it. What the hell.