Friday, October 20, 2006

Ugly Betty

It's on at 8pm on Thursdays on ABC (channel 27 for those of you with DC Comcast). Watch it.

It's the best thing on television. There. I've said it. I know, I know. I love Lost and Grey's and a host of other shows, too, but nothing buoys my spirits like an episode of Ugly Betty.

I might have come off as unenthusiastic during my TV post a week ago but tonight's episode was FANTASTIC. Honestly, the comedic timing on this show is brilliant. The writing is outstanding. The attention to detail is something that other shows should worship. Every part -- unlike my other new love, Heroes, where Milo Ventimiglia is horribly miscast as Peter (sorry, Milo, it's true) -- is so perfectly well cast that it's almost staggering.

Some people -- people who don't understand -- won't dig the fashion magazine setting or the campy plots. I know that. But the enlightened among us should tune in and fall in lust with this outstanding show. If you're interested, I have every episode (save episode 3, which I mistakenly deleted) saved on DVR and would be more than happy to have you come over to get caught up.

(Grey's was pretty good, too. Miranda Bailey is one of my favorite characters on TV at the moment and the woman who plays her, Chandra Wilson, has been turning in some truly exceptional performances so far this season.)

I love TV. And I'm not ashamed to say so. Now excuse me while I go watch the end of Ugly Betty for the second time tonight.

No comments: